WordPress supports the multiple roles for users but does not have an interface to manage them. Multiple Roles Interface replaces the Roles dropdown menu on the user-edit.php page with a list of checkboxes to assign multiple roles.
- Works on multisite as well as single installations
- Introduces an optional constant to prevent accidental removal of all roles from a user
- Provides filter hooks for additional customization
- Installs cleanly: no options added to the database or settings page to manage
- Includes language support
Check out the tutorials for Multiple Roles Interface:
- Defining the Multiple Roles Interface Constant
- Using the Default Role Filter
- Using the Roles List Filter
To use them you’ll need to know something about PHP, WordPress filter hooks and your wp-config.php file.